Ice Arena Wales Rules
These rules are in place to provide a safe and enjoyable time whilst skating at Ice Arena Wales. Please make sure the rules listed below are followed and report any failure to comply with them so that your time here is memorable and enjoyable.
- DO ensure the laces are tucked inside the skates are done up when returning them.
- DO decide what skates you want (you have a choice of figure or hockey skates)
- DO ensure your socks are pulled up, your skates fit snugly and your laces are done up tight
- DO enter and leave the ice pad slowly through the gates provided
- DO skate in at a moderate speed and in an anti clockwise direction unless otherwise stated
- DO wear long sleeves, trousers and gloves
- DO inform a member of staff if you have an accident
- DO pick up or point out to staff anything lying on the ice
- DO bring a friend or a date DO take note of instructions from rink steward.
- DO have fun and laugh at yourself
- DON’T be a nuisance as a skater and don’t carry anyone or anything whilst skating
- DON’T wear loose clothing, scarves or long coats whilst skating
- DON’T smoke anywhere in the building
- DON’T skate in links of more than three
- DON’T skate in or through coned off areas
- DON’T use mobile phones on the ice apart from taking funny pictures
- DON’T wear skates outside the building unless in an emergency when instructed by a steward
- DON’T attempt lifts, jumps or spins during a public session, you aren’t Torvill and Dean
- DON’T chip or throw loose snow or ice
- DON’T take any food or drink onto the ice
- DON’T sit on the barrier
- DON’T bring anyone you’re not comfortable looking silly around. Ice is the great equalizer; everyone falls